Whether through surgical or non-surgical means, a consultation is an important first step in refining, restoring or enhancing your appearance.
Typically, your consultation begins with an introduction to our practice by a member of our staff, where you will have an opportunity to discuss your goals and provide a medical history (if not previously provided online). You will then meet Dr. Dawes for an individualized, comprehensive evaluation. If examined, you will be given time to disrobe in private. For your comfort, a member of our staff will be present with Dr. Dawes throughout your examination. Following your examination, clinical photographs are taken for your patient records. Dr. Dawes will then offer individualized recommendations regarding the best treatment options available to you in a way that will allow you to make a confident, well-informed decision.
Click here to schedule your individualized comprehensive consultation.
- Do I need to schedule surgery at my consultation?
- No. You may schedule surgery at any time. Surgeon fees presented at the time of your consultation are valid for six months from the consultation date.
- What if I have questions after my consultation?
- You may contact our office at any time after your consultation with questions. You may schedule a second consultation with no additional charge. One week prior to surgery, you will be contacted by our office to review the pre-operative plan and answer any last minute questions.
- Must I undergo photographs?
- Photographs are optional. However, photographs are an important part of your patient record and also serve as a reference for Dr. Dawes throughout the course of your care. You will sign a consent form specific for photographs that will also allow you to choose whether they are to remain a private part of your patient record, or whether you will allow Dr. Dawes to use them for education and/or research purposes. If coming for a facial consultation, makeup should be kept to a minimum to allow Dr. Dawes to more effectively evaluate your natural appearance, both before and after surgery.
- Can I bring a friend or family member with me to my consultation?
- You may elect to bring a friend or family member to support you during your consultation. It is important to keep in mind however, that the decision to undergo treatment is one that must be self-directed. You should allow no-one to make your decision for you.
- Is there a fee for an aesthetic consultation?
- A $100 fee is applied for all initial aesthetic consultations. However, the overall cost of the procedure will be adjusted by the same amount should you decide to schedule a procedure.